Need to Know Colorado DUI / DWAI Marijuana
What You Need to Know About Colorado DUI/DWAI Marijuana
Experienced Boulder Criminal attorney Paul Stuber has defended people against DUI and DWAI for more than 30 years, and more recently marijuana DUI and DWAI. If you have been charged with DUI or DWAI marijuana you should learn exactly what you’re up against. Paul graciously shares some his experience below.
- Marijuana is still illegal under federal law.
- The methods of proof are different for a DUI Marijuana than a DUI for alcohol.
- Everything a police officer observes and hears can be used against you in court.
- Any driver with 5 nanograms or more of THC can be charged with a DUI despite the fact that there is very little proof that 5 nanograms proves that someone is impaired.
- Colorado has recently added several hundred trained drug-recognition officers.
- Have a medical certificate is not a valid defense for DUI or DWAI.
- Your attorney should have specific experience dealing with the special tests that law enforcement officers are being trained to use in the field. Many Boulder attorneys do not have this experience.
- The only test that can be given to accurately determine your level of impairment for marijuana is a blood test.
- Blood test are often not administered correctly.
- Marijuana can take several days to clear your system, and even longer if you are a regular user.
- A DUI or DWAI for marijuana is serious.
- DUI cases have two parts; a criminal part, and a DMV part.
- Roadside testing is voluntary. They are designed to make you fail, and your choice not to do the test can’t be used against you in court.
To learn more about why Paul Stuber is the right choice when you are confronted with a DUI or DWAI for marijuana call (303) 442-6448, or read what Paul’s clients have said about his defense of their case.