The 10 Unspoken Truths about Bankruptcy
- You can restore your credit in about five years.
- You can buy a home in three to five years.
- You can file bankruptcy more than once.
- You will not lose everything that you own.
- Everyone will not know about your bankruptcy.
- Chapter 7 does not always wipe out all of your debts.
- You can keep most of what you own in most cases.
- You can credit after filing bankruptcy.
- Most bankruptcies are filed due to medical expenses, unemployment, or divorce. Nor because someone is a deadbeat.
- Collectors must stop bothering you after you file bankruptcy.
- You do not have to include your spouse in your bankruptcy.
- You do not need to have a minimum amount of debt to file.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy payments vary based on the results of a means test.
Click here to learn more truths about bankruptcy in Boulder and Colorado from Boulder attorney, Paul Stuber. To have no cost, no obligation discussion with an experienced Boulder Bankruptcy attorney, call attorney Paul Stuber at (303) 442-6448.